Whilst most of the country has been watching forecasts over the weekend and are bracing themselves for ex hurricane Ophelia due to travel up the west coast of Ireland this afternoon and overnight, we have been looking ahead to next weekend.
When it looks likely that another powerful storm will be hitting the UK.
With 5m swell predicted for Saturday, slightly smaller on Sunday but accompanied with a shift in the wind direction, I suspect that conditions will too much for most sessions until at least Monday.
So it is with regret that we are going to have to postpone the festival this weekend.
I will talk to caterers, the coaches accommodation provider and the venue today and come up with an alternate date by Friday.
If you are unable to make the new date then we will provide a full refund.
Mayberry Kayaking bring a lot of business to this area throughout the year and so you should find your accommodation provider very helpful in transferring your reservation with them but if you need me to talk to anyone then please ask and we’ll do what we can to help.
I am sorry that we have had to make this decision and I hope you understand that safety is always our first priority.